Thursday, January 15, 2009

Stoning

Argh I haven't played ball for the past 2 days for some certain reasons and it's making me feel like I'm going back to bum mania. Mom and the helper had to go visit the market to restock some goods before the weekend so I can't play ball (the place where I play is like a 20 minute walk away from home and it isn't safe to bring anything with me while playing because I can't watch over it) unless I wait till they get back (which is also a bad idea because they take 2-3 hours at the market). Now because of this stuff, it's been hard to cope up with my past routine. Gah.

On a sidenote, I am so lazy to erase the whole freaking thing I typed above and here I am, back from playing ball. Lol. My stamina is slowly getting back, no more traces of any body part aching and the consistency is back in my shot. I'm already starting to think that I should record my daily performance now. I haven't actually seen a video of myself shooting hoops. Like.. How's my form, the stroke, how my body moves or slants when I try a shot or run after the ball. I really should ask someone to do this for me one day.. One day..

But one thing I like about this new approach in trying to lose weight is that I haven't drank any soda for the past 16 days. Yes you saw it right. 16 DARN DAYS. Can you imagine? I'm like the guy who can toss a 1.5 liter soda bottle to oblivion on 1 sitting and now, I can't even be bothered to try drinking a glass. Good discipline also getting in the picture.

Well that's it for this morning. Going out around lunch to pay mom's credit card bills and maybe try to hang out at the mall. New aim: Hit 100 straight free throws (I've hit 6 straight on 4 different occasions today after failing to hit 5 straight even once on the first 3 days).

Just like this guy who is on queue to break Micheal Williams NBA record for consecutive free throws made and the guy before him who was considered a legend.


Rick Barry (GSW) and Jose Calderon (Toronto Raptors)

No comments:

Post a Comment