Thursday, January 8, 2009

Alive.

God it feels good to be alive.

Again.

It's been a while since I've done something sensible in my life. Yes, despite the limelight of my recent activities and all the hype in how I've survived the past year or so, It's just been one hell of a ride these past 3-4 years of my life. You heard it right. It's been quite a while that I was out of this world. From messing up my grades to completely ditching up my course, from being a mediocre gamer and becoming an impact one, from being a quiet guy who'd rather hide in his room rather than socialize to the social animal I am now, I must say that yes.

It's been one hell of a ride.

I've seen so much more than a normal guy should have seen in his age, or his era. It's just been nothing but magnificence and yet, full of flaws at the same time. I've achieved a lot of things on my own just as much as I messed up what I shouldn't in the first place. Do I call it quits on everything? I don't think so. There's so much more to what I have and all I have to do is dig deep and find the missing part that will complete my life, ME, again.

So what's up with all this sudden new look at life? Is it the new year? Is it the pressure I am in right now facing these odds life has to offer? I don't think so. I guess it is this urge to embark into this journey.

Journey of life.


I really feel good. Life hasn't been this interesting, this appealing to me before I've seen and heard stuff from other people. Yes, people inspired me. People I never thought they would. One would be this guy, UFC Interim Heavyweight Champion Frank Mir. Ironic how his field deals with how life should be lived but to think of what he's been through and how he has changed his life for the better, It's simply amazing. At the prime of his career, he has to give up his championship belt due to a motor accident. No one thought he could fight again but after years of training and rehab, he has proved everyone wrong. I loved the way he has delivered his speech after his career changing win over Antonio Noguerra last December when he addressed everyone with these words:

"I faced such demons after my [2004 motorcycle] wreck. To come back and fight the best
heavyweight to ever fight in the UFC, to come back and get a win over him, after what
I've gone through … everybody right now look at your life, people always say you can't
do s---; I'm proof you can do things. I didn't even think I could beat Noguiera, C'mon,
if I was a betting man, I wasn't on Mir's side tonight," he said. "I came through this
'cause of the love of my children, my family, my wife. Everybody, you know who I love,
thank you."

Inspiring indeed.

Life sure is pretty if we appreciate it the way it's due.

Till next time~


- Rob




No comments:

Post a Comment